Global Islamophobia in an Era of Populism
- Sahar Aziz, Professor, Rutgers Law School at Newark, Chancellor’s Social Justice Scholar, and Director, Center for Security, Race and Rights, Rutgers University–Newark
- Moustafa Bayoumi, Professor, English, Brooklyn College
- Zareena Grewal, Associate Professor, American Studies, and Religious Studies, Yale University.
- Zain Abdullah, Associate Professor, Religion and Society, Temple University
- Engy Abdelkader, Lecturer, Political Science, School of Arts and Sciences, Rutgers University–New Brunswick
- Azeem Ibrahim, Director, Center for Global Policy, Washington D.C.
- Asher Ghertner, Associate Professor, Geography, School of Arts and Sciences, Rutgers University–New Brunswick
- Audrey Truschke, Assistant Professor, History, School of Arts and Sciences–Newark
Moderator: Atiya Aftab, Esq.
Adjunct Professor, Middle Eastern Studies Program and Political Science Member, Rutgers University Foundation Board of Overseers, Chair, Center for Islamic Life at Rutgers University
Panel 2: Islamophobia in Asia: Genocide and Detention
- John J. Farmer, Jr., Director, Eagleton Institute of Politics, Rutgers University–New Brunswick
- Farid Hafez, Political Scientist and Resident Scholar, University of Salzburg, and Senior Fellow, The Bridge Initiative, Georgetown University
- Murtaza Hussain, National Security Journalist, The Intercept
- Ivan Kalmar, Professor, Anthropology, University of Toronto
- Marwan Mohammed, Research Fellow, CNRS, France, and Visiting Scholar, CUNY: John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Moderator: Jack Tchen
Clement A. Price Chair of Public History and Humanities, School of Arts and Sciences–Newark, and Director, Clement Price Institute, Rutgers University–Newark
Keynote Speaker: The Honorable Ebrahim Rasool
South Africa Ambassador to the United States (2010-2015)
Keynote Speaker:The Honorable Ebrahim Rasool South Africa Ambassador to the United States 2010-2015